Monday 3 January 2011

Yarn Stash!

Last week I went to John Lewis to enhance my yarn stash. So far I've only bought what I've needed for a specific project, and I had a couple of things in mind that I want to make, so I thought I'd pop to the sales to see if I could find what I was after.

I may have got a bit carried away...!



For the jumper I'm planning to make (one of the ones in Stitch and Bitch), Rowan Pure Wool Aran:


For "Wisp", 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, in what I am referring to as "the colour of dust". WIP shots to follow.  


No idea what I plan to make with this, but it felt so soft that I had to buy some. Debbie Bliss Como, 5 balls of the oatmeal colour and 4 of the soft green. The green colour is so much nicer than in this shot, but I couldn't seem to get a good picture.


This is a little closer to the colour, but not by much :(


Terrible photo of the Rowan Kidsilk Aura, 5 balls in a really deep, dark purple. It's almost black (I did actually also get one ball of black, but there's no way to take a good photo of that!) I think I have a plan for this lot - another Stitch and Bitch jumper that I quite like the look of.


And this is my favourite - Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk. It's a much nicer purple than in this picture, and so incredibly soft. Absolutely gorgeous. I got 4 balls, and I've already made something with two and a half of them! More on that FO later.

So, that's my haul. I also got some new bamboo DPNs to replace the ones I used for my mitts (which are bent out of shape, and one snapped), some bamboo 5mm and 6mm needles and a couple of other oddments.

Overall, I spent a little bit more than I was planning, but I'm really pleased with what I found, and can't wait to get knitting with it all. Just need to find patterns for the stuff I hadn't planned to buy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D