Friday 21 January 2011

Aspirations

I posted a little while ago about the projects on my ever-growing "to knit" list.

Here are the projects that I want to try, but are on my "only when I'm much better at knitting" list *laughs*

Little Birds by Ysolda. I love the shape of this, and the pattern is really sweet... I just need to learn colourwork before I attempt it. As I have a fair few techniques yet to learn, this pattern is still on my "one day" pile.



Sylvi by Mari Muinonen. Perhaps not too complicated, although I've only done very simple cables so far. I think that the volume of knitting for this might be putting me off slightly, I already want my damn jumper to be finished. At least it doesn't appear to involve endless stocking stitch - that's a bonus! Click to embiggen (and therefore see the lack of stocking stitch!)




And this utterly adorable Bat Shawl by Emilee Mooney. I love this *covets* But my attention span and current inability to even get very simple lace patterns correct is giving me some pause. I really want to make it, I just want to make it well, and that feels like it might be beyond me at the moment.


And a close up, just to show how cute those little bats are:


Looking back at these, they're not nearly as complicated as I recall thinking they were when I first saw them. Blowing my own trumpet here slightly, but I'm so proud of how far I've come, given that I have only been knitting for 2 and a half months *puffs out chest* For some reason, it has sort of clicked, much more so than I was expecting (I mean, come on, I started doing it entirely wrong!)

So maybe my "one day" projects won't be as far away as I was thinking...

Or, maybe, I have so many things on my wish list that I'll be knitting forever ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D