So, here it is, my first finished garment *huge, proud grin*
I modified a capelet pattern. Modifications were a slight necessity upon realising that my gauge was slightly off. Oh, and the fact that about halfway through I decided I wasn't entirely convinced that I even wanted a capelet *rolls eyes*
So I made it longer than planned, and blocked it into a new shape, and have a sorta shrug thing. I even knitted I-cord to fasten it with.
I'm wearing it to work today, and I'm so proud, but a tiny bit annoyed that no one has immediately looked at it in wonder and awe - although I could take that as a compliment, at least it doesn't look homemade ;) I've actually changed where to fasten it, to just below the bust, which looks better, but boyfriend is poorly and not up to taking additional photos, so these will have to suffice.
It's made out of the Alpaca silk yarn I bought at John Lewis and was a joy to knit, the yarn is a soft as butter and was just gorgeous slipping through my hands. I nearly made it twice as long, just so I could carry on *smiles* I used 2 and a half balls of it, so I have a ball and a half left to play with. Maybe some sort of cowl/snood/scarf, so I can enjoy the snuggliness of it more often *ponders*
New skills learned:
- Raglan sleeves
- Paying attention to a pattern! (at least until about halfway...ooops)
- Modifying something to my preference (and it not going horribly wrong)
- Blocking a non-rectangular garment
I consider this a success!