Wednesday 7 March 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday Number 42


As you can see, I have taken a slightly different approach to my picture this week *laughs* I know black and white isn't the usual for taking pictures of knitting, but the colours just wouldn't come through properly so I gave up on them. Also, the project at the bottom of the picture is a secret project for a swap, so I thought it would be a good way to show what I've been working on without ruining the surprise ;)

I didn't dig out the socks or vest, as I haven't worked on them at all this week. Time has been taken up by the swap knitting and the Shalom (as planned last week). I've also cast on and finished a couple of little projects for Nerd Wars, but I'll show them off on a Friday at some point.

I'm happy to say that I have made some good progress on Shalom...



The body is finished and I'm working on the arms now. I've decided that elbow length sleeves will look best with this, so I've got a few more inches of the first one to do, then the second and then I'm done *grins* Well, it needs blocking pretty badly, but still, pretty close to finished.

Book-wise - I decided to read the next Hunger Games book. Although the first one did annoy me in many ways, I still enjoyed the story. So I thought I might as well read the rest of the trilogy.

As ever, if you want more lovely knitting and reading content, head to Tami's and Ginny's - not that I need to tell you this by now ;) 

30 comments:

  1. That Shalom, is lush, love the colour? is it an easy knit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Shalom is coming along nicely ideed. I totally adore the look of it and think I need to put this on my "to-do" list

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Shalom is so pretty, it makes me want to knit one!! I've been tempted to go B&W a time or two for pictures, and to be honest, I should have. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the shalom is lovely, really pretty colour and it looks awesome - i might have to make me one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the Shalow. You are so close to finished! Don't stuff up on the final stretch like I did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I was going to say love the gray wool.....now I'm sure it is not gray! Your shalom is looking mighty lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Shalom looks fabulous! My knitting is improving and I'm starting to think about the first garment I'll make - that's going straight on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The third HG book is even more annoying, I actually regret reading it now. But the second one is fun! Your Shalom is, woah!, almost done! It looks really good, I cannot wait to see it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shalom is looking great!!!! nothing I love more than black and white pics---great way to hide a surprise, though!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pumpkin summed it up pretty well about the third book, but I think you will enjoy the second book.
    Your Shalom looks so amazing and it looks like you will be finished in no time!
    Happy Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shalom is gorgeous. I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oeeh a cardigan, nice! Lovely color. I'm participating in a swap (I think a different one, from Tiny Owl Knits) too and it's using a lot of my crafting time, but I have soo much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The second hunger games books isn't too bad, but if you didn't enjoy the first, then you may not like this one either. I really like how your sweater is coming along, and honestly, that black and white photo is really nice, a good change up from all the colors we always see on blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Shalom is beautiful!!

    I have heard much about the Hunger Games, but I fear the plot will turn me off...might have to look more closely though, I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realize that the Hunger Games was a trilogy until the end of the first book. But, I did enjoy the story. Love that shalom sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shalom is turning out really pretty, I really like the color you chose. I'm on the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy and have to say I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. While I really liked the Hunger Games overall, it annoyed me at times as well. For what it's worth, I thought the third book was the worst of the trilogy (something to look forward to! Haha), though it did keep me reading until the end.

    Shalom looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Shalom, it's such a pretty colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, wow, your Shalom really is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Shalom looks lovely already. I prefer 3/4 length sleeves myself; if I'm wearing long sleeves I usually push them up my arms a bit anyway. I think a BW photo is very good way to disguise a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh I love your Shalom. Also, taking a black and white picture is a wonderful way to not reveal your surprise project ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the color you are using for Shalom, it's turning out very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Shalom, its looking so beautiful, and that colour is stunning!!!
    Like the black and white shot too

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shalom is looking great! I love the colour and I'm looking durward to seeing it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your photo solution. Very film noir :) Shalom is looking great and will look awesome with elbow length sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I loved the Hunger Games, I thought Catching Fire was the best in the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. your sweater is going to be so pretty on you, it's almost done! happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D