Tuesday 20 March 2012

New Yarn, With Plans

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been feeling reinvigorated after a brief period of feeling blah about my knitting. This, of course, means that I am now full of ideas about things to make after I finish the things I am working on now *grins*

I also had a quick review of some of my yarn, to see what I am excited about working with. I decided that, as gorgeous as it was, the Wollmeise that I had bought last year just wasn't a colour that I could imagine using. So, I traded it for a new one in a gorgeous emerald green.


Then I bought a grey skein to go with it...


And together, they shall become...


It's one of the patterns boyfriend bought me for my birthday, and I know he's excited for me to make it. I can't wait either, plus it makes a nice change for me to buy yarn with a specific pattern in mind *laughs* And I'm much happier having gorgeous yarn that I have a plan for, rather than gorgeous yarn sat doing nothing because I didn't know what to do with it ;)

18 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I feel comforted when I can find a great pattern for my great yarn. Even though it is sat in my stash I know what it will one day become so in my head it isn't a waste of stash space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at this pattern thinking I must knit it. I love the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a bit wafty seeing those colours together and then the pattern. It will be beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES yes yes!!! I love my Veera shawl in Wollmeise - I went for purple and fuschia - totally fabulous. I've just come out of a 6-8 week non knitting slump - I just wasn't interested, so weird. And I've started the other Veera shawl ('Different Lines' I think?) to break myself out of it - they're the perfect recovery; clever, simple and knit up SO fast. Will wrtite more on Wednesday for my first Yarn Along in months. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors! I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, that's going to be gorgeous! That's one of my favorite patterns right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get better at planning my projects. That shawl will be perfect in those colors, especially the green. I LOVE the green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone is making that shawl it seems like! It such a neat project, I really cannot wait to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yarn and I really love the pattern that you are going to knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when a plan comes together! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh those colors will be so beautiful together! I can't wait to see the shawl take its start.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That will be so cute! I think I almost bought that pattern last week!
    –Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those colours go really well together. Your shawl is going to look awesome (and be oh so soft and warm and snuggly, if my Wollmeise scarf-in-progress is anything to go by).

    ReplyDelete
  14. That will be so lovely. The green is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It will be amazing. I have yarn ready for that from Unravel - it's a shame I'm not ready to start it or we could do a KAL. I'd better get on with finishing some other things so I can play catch-up! (Says the woman who hasn't picked up needles for about 3 days!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooohhhh those colors are going to look fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo! I am excited to see your shawl. I've been drooling over that pattern for a while. Too many knitting plans, too little time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D