Monday 26 March 2012

All Together Now

Regular readers may remember me mentioning a few times lately that I have not been in a sock knitting mood at all lately. Second sock syndrome (SSS) struck my socks and boyfriend's socks - both of which are awaiting their seconds.

As for my brother's sock, well that hasn't even progressed past the toe on sock one! However that's probably got as much to do with the fact that the yarn is hurting my skin as my sock lethargy *sighs*

So, how am I approaching this growing pile of lonely single socks?


Uh, yeah... Casting on more socks *laughs*

However, I haven't gone completely mad. I decided that I needed a bit of a kick and that knitting socks 2 at a time would be the ideal solution to my SSS issues.

Check it out, two sock toes, no tangles *grins* This might turn out to be an excellent idea ;)


I'm also wondering if these socks might work for my brother (as I've had to give up on his thanks to the yarn issues)... I'm not sure if it's a little too girly though. Mum? What do you reckon?

Update - consensus seems to be that they are definitely too girly. Damn. Ok, new plan for brother's socks required *laughs*

16 comments:

  1. Sorry sweetheart, but I do think they are a little too girly. Unless of course it is not an accurate representation of the colour as I know that sometimes happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought that might be the case! Ah well, at least I'll have a new pair of socks ;) Back to the drawing board for the boy then!

      Delete
  2. I don't no about your boyfriend's preferences, but my husband wouldn't like your choice of colour at all. Sorry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try two at a time. Let me know how it works out. Good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure how old your brother is,but one of my guy's here said they look like girl socks, sorry.
    Are you doing the magic loop for the socks? I have heard great things about it, but have no idea how to do knitting that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two at a time may just be the way to go. I have a secret stash of single socks from years ago. I know they'll never have mates but I keep them just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2aat is the perfect cure to sss, if you can keep the yarn untangled. Good luck, I hope they work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I agree that they might be more girl than boy socks. hmmm, maybe they will be for you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two at a time socks are the best way to knit socks. In fact, ever since I learned that method, I haven't been able to knit single socks since, it is just too painful! But I'm sure that before you know it you will jump back into the wonderful world of socks and then you will get to proudly display them here on your blog! Won't that be wonderful??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, since most everyone thinks they're too girly, you can always save them for yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The man makes the sock...the sock does not make the man! LOL!
    –Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two at a time is amazing. I think I'm going to knit all of my socks that way from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm knitting two at a time socks and I'm so glad I got through the frustrating beginning, because I love it now! I can keep the two balls of yarns straight and I love the fact that they'll be done mere minutes apart and I can put them both on my feet! Good luck with yours - I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speaking as someone who crocheted lilac, pink and white socks for her other half, I don't think they're too girly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard a genius idea that I have yet to try- use one yarn but work a different pattern for each sock, so the socks match, because of the yarn, but you don't get bored knitting them as there is no second sock!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D