Monday 9 May 2011

Wonderous Sock of Joy!

I made a sock!!!

I've been meaning to knit socks for ages and have kept chickening out ;) I was a little daunted at first, but following the excellent Silver's Sock Class, I got through it... One stitch at a time.

I decided to knit the ribbing flat, and then join to knit in the round, mainly because I hated doing ribbing on DPNs when I made my mitts. I figured if I skipped that part, then I'd actually get on and do it.



The reason I started on Friday was because my current WIPs require me to pay some attention, so I figured something that was just knit stitches (well, until the heel) would be an excellent mindless project for in front of the TV... Of course, I got hooked and ended up spending Saturday evening and most of Sunday finishing it *laughs*



It's wonky, with some fairly crappy patches, and the first two stitches of my grafted toe look pretty rough, but I made it and I love it *huge, proud grin*





Hey look, it fits!


Now I just need to make another one... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have discovered that well known condition - sock addiction. They are so satisfying aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I followed the same tutorial ;) I expect that you'll be addicted to sock making very soon :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D