Monday 30 May 2011

D is for Doodling

I doodle.





A lot.



I do worry that it makes me look unfocused, especially when I do it in meetings. According to a study, however, doodling helps to maintain concentration. I have to say, this is definitely true for me. If I'm in a boring meeting, doodling actually keeps me paying attention. If I don't do it, my thoughts start to drift and I end up miles away. Doodling means that my brain is focused, but only on something simple, so I can still pay attention to what is being said.



I quite enjoy it. You can see that most of them follow similar shapes or themes, although I do occasionally break out different coloured biros for a bit of variety ;)




I still worry it makes me look unfocused though ;)

9 comments:

  1. I used to love to doodle! It's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doodle too. And I picked it for my 'D'. Like you I worry it makes me look unfocussed and I know it drives some people mad. Your doodles are beautiful, much more organic than mine which tend to be geometrical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know when I worked at Disney, I encouraged doodling. It keeps people focused on the task at hand. If someone finds your doodling to be distracting, then they apparently have the attention span issue. Doodle on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a doodler too! I remember having trouble reading my outlines and assignment sheets in university because I doodled all over them too much. And that little vampire in your doodle is cute!
    I just popped by to say that I got your package and blogged about it here: http://ohdessaknits.com/2011/05/30/project-adventure/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I went from doodling to all out drawing all over my meeting paper which DEFINITELY makes me look unfocused (because I am).... I only doodle when on the phone now... at work... and not really listening. It just makes it better because the other person can't see me not paying attention to them :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh those are so pretty. I'm so bad at drawing I can't really even doodle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute doodles! I once got yelled at for knitting during a meeting - I said it helps me to stay focused. Maybe I need to doodle next time instead!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very artistic doodling, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh! you're an awesome doodler! in technicolor even!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D