Sunday 1 May 2011

Shawl-y Not...

Another finished item!

Yep, yesterday I finished my blue shawl *grins* I was glad to get it off the needles, the rows were getting so long that I was losing the will to live halfway through each one!


So, I really need to cast on something else now... This was my last WIP after finishing the cardigan *runs to my stash to start planning*
Details:
Pattern: La La's Simple Shawl
Yarn: Patons Smoothie DK - 3 balls
Difficulty: 1/5 (not hard, just time consuming!) Excellent introduction to the world of shawls.
Overall like? Yes, I like it. The yarn is quite crisp, although it did soften a bit after steaming. I like the simplicity of the shawl, it's not too fussy and works will in DK yarn - it feels fairly substantial without being bulky.
Would I knit again? Probably not as is, I like it but there are so many shawls out there that I'd like to try something a bit more challenging next time.

4 comments:

  1. "The Boyfriend"1 May 2011 at 18:49

    I can't believe that I am being blamed for the teriible pun headline... I couldn't possibly be so twee ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great and I love the colour. Textile Garden has some very nice shawl pins for a reasonable price and the postage is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love the new look! The shawl is great (and the title very, very funny).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ms C - I shall have a look

    @Del - don't encourage him ;) *laughs*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D