Wednesday 18 May 2011

WIP Wednesday

I really enjoyed participating in my last Work In Progress Wednesday, so I thought it would be a good plan to continue :)

My mermaid scarf has stalled dramatically *sigh* I made a mistake about 6 or 7 rows back and it has completely thrown off the pattern. Unfortunately, this pattern is also really hard to frog, especially with such slippery yarn as pure silk, so this is waiting for me to take the time (and have the patience!) to do it properly.

Here's where I am so far, about twice as long as it was last time... (I didn't take the time to get a good picture as I'm sulking with it at the moment *wry smle*)



My cotton top is making (slow) progress. I haven't given it the attention it needs, so it doesn't look like I've got much further than the last picture I posted of it. I have though. Honest ;) I've done two of the rib sections in the centre panel since then.


I'm using stitch markers to keep track of where the central ribs start, which isn't mentioned at all in the pattern but it seemed like it would be easier than having to count each time!

And finally, the reason nothing else has had much of my attention...


My second sock! I can't wait for this to be finished so that I will have my pair and can start wearing them immediately *laughs* In fact, it's a struggle not to put the other one on my foot by itself, but I'm being very restrained! I am taking it a bit easier on this sock, I made the last one so quickly that I had a sore wrist for about 4 days afterwards, so I'm pacing myself a bit more this time ;)

Anyway, that's where my current projects are; to see more WIPW posts, head over to Tami's blog :)

And stay tuned tomorrow, for I have exciting new yarn to share ;)

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow - I can completely see why you've been distracted by that sock! The colours are amazing!!!!!

    I am seeing such gorgeous socks today (I woke to an update from http://crochethealingandraymond.wordpress.com/ with more lovely socks) I just know it's a matter of time before I succumb to their charms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww don't you hate it when you have to frog, its going to be beautiful when done.Love the colourway of your happy socks. instantly cheers you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see how that sock would be distracting (and dangerous to your wrists!). Such fabulous colours!

    Hope you find the patience to get through the frogging :S It's so frustrating when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that sock is gorgeous! I get a sore wrist when I do too much knitting/crochet and then get really frustrated because I can't do anything for a few days. Good luck with the frogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooooove the colour of that sock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful socks! No wonder you were distracted! Good luck frogging - have you tried putting in a life line? They have really saved me on lace projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sock looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sock! That would definitely make me happy :) Grr at the scarf. I made a mistake on my hitchhiker and had left it, annoying me, until I showed it to my Gran and she insisted I take it back. It WAS worth it in the end but I hate ripping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the happy sock, and the bright green wow...very pretty. Understand the sulking, good luck with that project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of your projects are such lovely colours!!i am really liking green at the moment, and that shade your using is so freash!

    look forward to seeing there progress next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coo that is a scary color on that sock ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I'd be knitting the sock and nothing else too. What fantastic colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome sock. I'd totally be wearing the first one around while I knitted the second. :) Your top is looking pretty, too! That green is such a fun summer color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors and stripes of those socks are so fun. Can't blame you for wanting to knit on them exclusively. Hope you get back on track with the scarf. What a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pattern of the mermaid scarf! And the socks are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, that sock is soo pretty. I love the fun colors. I will admit that I was wearing my first sock sitting on the couch since I haven't finished the mate yet. There's no shame in that! ;) Sorry to hear about the scarf mistake. I'm sure you'll fix it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the colours of my sock are awesome ;) And thanks for the good luck mojo for the scarf frogging *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a really cheerful sock. I've too had projects that needed a good long time out to think about what they did. I may pull a few out at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D