Monday 23 May 2011

C Is For.... Chaos!

Crafting chaos to be exact *laughs*


This was my coffee table earlier today. In fact, this is only part of the choas that overtook the table, but the mess was too much to show off ;)

As you can see, there was some knitting progress, but I'll give an update on that on Wednesday.Today, I thought I'd share a few other crafts I have recently started playing with (and by recently, I mean this weekend!)

I bought a jewellery making kit on ebay last week, during my mad ebay splurge, mainly because I wanted to make my own stitch markers... and here they are:


They're just very simple, but I really like them *smiles* In fact, I am now using 2 of them on my green top, replacing the very boring ones I did have ;)

But of course I couldn't just make a few stitch markers when I had a whole kit of stuff, especially due to the number of random beads and things I seem to have acquired over the years. So I made a bracelet


I also made some matching earrings, but they didn't photograph well, so no picture.

Then I made another bracelet, this time with evidence (albeit upside down evidence) of the matching earrings ;)


But that's not all folks... Oh no, more crafts were contributing to the chaos...


Of course, I was then on a roll... Inspired by some of the beautiful designs of Mooncalf, I cross stitched a very simple heart, paired it with some heart fabric I got free in a magazine, plus a stripy accent fabric, and made myself this pin cushion:


I have to say, I really love this. My sewing skills are improving, and the lines now almost match up ;)

So, knitting, sewing, beading and cross stitch... I'd say it was a fairly crafty weekend ;)

For more "C is for" posts, head on over to The Accidental Knitter's blog and check out the links.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy! That photo of your coffee table is sooo familiar - mine looks exactly like that when I've got a crafting splurge on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I could almost feel the chaos coming right through the computer.
    But in a good and inspiring way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I love it! I need to show my husband I'm not the only one with crafty chaos!! Your work is very beautiful - it's well worth the chaos! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You went crazy! Good for you for trying something new! It sure does fire up the imagination. I'm loving the jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by me on Friday and for your comment re my space redo.

    I think I need to pull up a chair now that I'm here at yours ... :D ... you do beautiful work; those stitch markers and the pillow are DIVINE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely things. Love the purple/amethyst and silver bracelet. I could walk right away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple & silver bracelet - nice - I'm inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bookmark! What's the wedsite with the video game related crafts? I'd love to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I love homemade stitch markers. The pin cushion is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. you were a busy busy bee! Everything looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, it was fun trying something new, so good feedback is good!

    @GirlAnanchronismE - the site is Sprite Stitch - it's pretty cool ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D