Thursday 23 June 2011

A Recipe and my Moment of Fame (or Infamy)

So, recently I noticed that Charlotte, from An Accidental Knitter, was interested in interviewing fellow bloggers, to find out what makes us all tick.

Of course, being the attention-seeker that I am, I jumped up to participate. You can read my interview over on her blog here. It's very interesting, even if I do say so myself *laughs*

To save overloading the blog world with me today, I won't ramble on here...

However I will post the recipe for my Balsamic and Lemon glazed chicken. I mentioned it on Monday, and there seemed to be some interest, so here it is. I think it was originally a Nigel Slater one, but I haven't used the written instructions in years!

And now you'll all see how simple it is and my cooking skills won't sound nearly as impressive *laughs*

Balsamic and Lemon Chicken


Chicken breasts 
Juice of a lemon (small lemon, use all the juice, large lemon only use half)
Balsamic vinegar (no quantity here really, I just use a glug!)
Knob of butter 
Very small splash of olive oil (not extra virgin)


Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until hot. Add the chicken and fry quickly on a fairly high heat until almost cooked.

Turn the heat up to full and pour over the lemon juice. It'll bubble and reduce very quickly. Once it settles down, add the balsamic. I just pour a fairly large glug, but if you like actual measurements a couple of tablespoons is probably right!

 Again, this will bubble a lot, and reduce into a sticky glaze. Add the knob of butter (not 100% necessary, but it gives the sauce/glaze a real shine to it and makes it extra tasty) I usually turn the chicken over in the black sauce a few times to get it nicely coated.

Serve with whatever you like - it goes really well with salad (but I tend to serve chips!)

See, really simple *grins* Very tasty though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention, and thanks for the great recipe, I love Nigel Slater, I'll have to see if I can make this at the weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D