Friday 30 November 2012

Spinning

Thanks for the comments and opinions yesterday - I still haven't decided what I'm going to make, but I think it might have to be Berwick, it just looks so snuggly ;)

Well, although I did finish my Tweedy Cowl, and blocked it, I am currently lacking my photographer who is away with work. So that'll have to wait.

Luckily I do have something finished to show you anyway ;)


IMG_1985

I made more yarn *grins* Isn't it lovely?

It is spun from this gorgeous corriedale fibre, that the lovely Heather sent me in a giveaway from her blog. I actually have half the fibre left too, so I can make another one, although I am spinning something else at the moment.



I haven't actually calculated the weight (I think it's roughly DK though) or the length yet, I've been too busy oohing and aaahing over how pretty it looks *laughs*


IMG_1986

Thank you Heather *grins*



25 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous spin, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous handspun...can't wait to see what you will be making with it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty. One day I too may be able to create something so nice, but I think it will be several years yet of hard practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So talented! I am amazed at your skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drool worthy, that's for sure. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I admire your patience. Spinning just doesn't capture my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You spin so beautifully. Nice. Lovely. Great! You make me want to spin. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely yarn! It feels very "earthy" to me. I am so resisting spinning, too many crafts have my attention to try and tackle a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oo that is very pretty! Clever you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah! My eyes! Must look away from the beautiful handspun yarn, or I'll be sucked into the spinning vortex and lost forever. Okay, not really. But you make it awfully tempting -- that stuff is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty!! And such an accomplishment!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your handspun looks very nice. Such bright refreshing colors. Makes me think of water and sky. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This handspun has character and cracklin' personality. I can't wait to see what you'll make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!! I just love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful handspun, the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your fabulous yarn!!
    –Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D