What is it, I hear you ask? It stands for the Greatest International Scavanger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen. The brainchild of Misha Collins (he plays Castiel in Supernatural), it is a week of finding/creating/doing crazy things.
I joined up with a bunch of my team mates from Nerd Wars and we coordinated getting some of the following items:
- A mechanical catapult that can throw a pumpkin 100m
- 3 people dressed as frogs, leapfrogging through Starbucks
- A kilt made entirely of cucumber
- A picture of a priest, a minister and a rabbi walking into a bar
- Build a tea house using recycled materials under a bridge and have a cup of tea in it...
- The prime minister or president of a country modelling a bra
Anyway, there were 150 items, some crazier than others *laughs*
I volunteered to make a model to answer the challenge "We know what a flea circus looks like, but what would a flea strip club look like"?
Yep, the pole is a DPN ;)
I also tried to "recreate the seduction of Eve, with fig leaf, snake and apple, at a bus stop:
I didn't use this picture, as the leaves were in the wrong place, but I like the shot anyway - boyfriend took it while I couldn't stop laughing and I think it came out really well.
One of the other challenges I did made use of my rudimentary drawing skills - it's supposed to be Misha Collins and the Queen of England, dressed in Steampunk garb, riding a single stallion: