Monday 19 November 2012

Stock Take

Thank you for the lovely comments on my redesign, I'm really pleased with it so it's great to get good feedback *grins*  Anyway, on to some craft content...

Despite needing a new project like I need a hole in the head, I have somehow managed to cast on something new *laughs* So I thought I would take stock of what I'm working on.

New Project - Tweed Cowl



I've had the Honey Cowl pattern in my queue for a while now, so I paired it up with some yarn I had received in a swap - Knitpicks City Tweed DK. I love the dark green, tweedy colour and I'm picturing this tucked into a winter coat. I'm hoping I'll have enough yarn to make a matching hat too. 

Oldest Unfinished Project - Princess Unicorn Socks



I cast on the first sock in January, so I really should get on and finish sock two *laughs* The first took a while, and I didn't fancy knitting the second one during the summer thanks to the angora in the yarn. But it's November, and angora socks sound pretty good right now!


Unloved Project - Concur Cardigan

[no picture, it's so unloved I completely forgot to take one *laughs*]

I started this cardigan a while ago, but it's knit in pieces and seamed together, which is something I don't love. Plus I think it may turn out too small, so I have been a little bit reluctant to pick it back up. It's made in Caron Simply Soft, though, which I have heard grows a fair bit, so maybe it'll be ok.


Project I want to be Finished but the Progress is Sooooooo Slow - Subtle Stripes Cardigan



I love this and I want it to be done, but it needs at least another 6 inches of body. It's light DK weight and the rows take forever, especially the purl ones *laughs* See, I have already mentioned that I don't like garments knit in pieces, but all-in-one always seem to get to a point where I get sick of them - usually at the point I am now ;) Clearly I'm a bit contrary.


Project I pick up when I don't know what I feel like Knitting - Legwarmers



I've finished one and I'm working on the second one. Because the pattern (if you can call it that - I pretty much made it up) is so simple, they are seriously easy. The problem is the yarn, it is so unrelentingly brown that there are times I can't bear to look at it *laughs*

Pretty but Frustrating Project - Noro Socks 



I've got past the heels on these now, which is good. I've mentioned before that the yarn is incredibly frustrating, it is so determined to get tangled that knitting socks two at a time (my preferred method) involved a fair amount of cursing ;)

So, that's what's on the needles... I think I need to get something finished, so I feel like I have made some progress!




8 comments:

  1. your redesign is really great, well done you. I think you should crack on with your stripe cardi, it looks like it's going to be a stunner, and you can always do boring stocking stitch while watching a movie or five?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of projects! I like your tweed cowl. The yarn looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely stuff started, I think you really should finish them all :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. great projects! I only knit top down construction because I hate to put sweaters together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your comment about the brown legwarmers, because sometimes I feel the same way about that color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of work! all very beautiful~ best wishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous! I loved making the honey cowl so much that I made three right in a row before I burned out on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the honey pattern st is perfect for that tweedy yarn. You have a great variety of WIPs. Maybe work on certain ones, like two of them, a bit each day?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D