Sunday 25 November 2012

Awesome Knit Night

Last week I had the good fortune to be invited to an event to help launch Save the Children's new Christmas Jumper Day - to make the world a better place with Christmas Jumpers on 14th December.

The event was held at the Save the Children shop in Primrose Hill, which is gorgeous and I would like to move into *laughs*



The event was hosted by Debbie Bliss, with her special guest Trisha Malcolm, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Knitting. Debbie had designed some patterns for the event, which are so cute...



There's a third mini jumper, but I'm saving that one until I can show you the one I made ;) I only managed to knit the front at the event, as I was so busy chatting *laughs*

I had a really lovely time, meeting bloggers and some lovely ladies from Save the Children who were telling us about the work they do at home and abroad.

One of the bloggers I met was Susan, from Damn, Knit and Blast It... I was a bit of  dork when I went over to say hi, as Susan's was actually the very first knitting blog I ever read *laughs* I think I managed to chat to everyone, at least briefly, and walked back to the tube station with Susan and Gemma, from the Knitting Fraggle. We also discovered that all 3 of us have boyfriends/husbands with the same first name, which was quite amusing.


I had a great time chatting to Debbie Bliss, especially when I realised I was wearing a jumper made from her Fez yarn. We bonded over our mutual sadness that both Fez and Alpaca Silk had been discontinued by the manufacturer *laughs*

And I did do some knitting in amongst the chatting, snacking and drinking, see... ;)


I'll post a bit more about Christmas Jumper Day tomorrow, as it was the whole reason for the fab night, but in the meantime, check out the other lovely ladies' blogs too...











http://www.handmadenest.co.uk/

8 comments:

  1. I would love to meet some of my blogging friends in real life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great night indeed!! Lovely to meet you Nat - you weren't dorky at all!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great cause, and such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Cute mini-jumpers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun class to attend! How awesome to meet fellow bloggers and Debbie Bliss! I will come back and check out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a perfect night! The mini sweaters are adorable. I can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You treasure! Thanks for putting me out of my misery re the shawl... It was a great evening and lovely to meet you. With any luck it might happen again!
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog Nat! It was great to be part of such a fab night! Thanks for the mention and the links too!
    Gem x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D