Wednesday 21 November 2012

What to do...?

As I posted a fairly long overview of all the projects I am working on, on Monday, I won't bore you with them all again ;) There is one more project, however, that I did not post about... My fluffy cowl.



I have actually finished it, save for weaving in the ends. But there is a but... It's so, so very fluffy. It's gorgeous to touch but now that I've pretty much finished it, I'm not sure I want it near my face *laughs*Just putting it on deposits a lot of angora fibre up my nose.



So I have a bit of a dilemma, because I don't really know what to do with it now. I'm half tempted to sew up the sides and make it into an oddly shaped cushion, purely for stroking purposes! The yarn isn't robust enough to make anything that gets a lot of friction, like mitts, and I don't have enough to make much else.

Ah well, even if I never use it, knitting it was a wonderfully tactile experience *laughs* Any suggestions welcome though!


9 comments:

  1. :-)

    I had similar issues when I worked with angora...it's a bit awful right near your face. Looking forward to your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually made some gloved in angora. They came out too big, so I very very lightly felted them which made them the right size and more sturdy and less inclined to shed. So maybe that's the answer, just very very gently felt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty but I do understand. maybe if you give it a bit of a soak in water it would loosen whatever wants to come off and leave the rest intact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe line it, use a less fluffy yarn, pick up stitches from the cast off, knit a tube, cast off, sew to other end of fluffy cowl. You might want to make it a little longer so it rolls on itself at the top and bottom to stop the edges tickling.

    Otherwise, um, nose plugs? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with the angora up the nose problem!! it is so fluffy, and it just gets in the way! A cushion might be a good idea, though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! What a dilemma. I say Alittlebitsheepish has a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, angora has that effect on me, too. Does it settle once it's been on for awhile? Probably not, but that's my first try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's awfully pretty, maybe an idea will come to you? have you an angora loving friend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...can you take an electric shaver to it? Just a thought :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D