Thursday 22 November 2012

Cookbook Challenge Revisited



Last night I wanted to make something warming and cosy and rich and tasty. Boyfriend has been travelling a lot with work lately, and yesterday was a horrible day of getting trains in the rain. So I scanned through the cookbooks, and my cookbook challenge posts and chose...

Chicken and Chorizo Traybake.

As before, I used sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes, as I prefer them immensely.  And, as before, it was so, so tasty *grins* In fact, I think this one was even better than last time.



This time I also served some fine beans, for a bit of freshness, and a few chunks of bread to mop up any juices ;)

The combination of chorizo and sweet potato is just gorgeous, and with the caramelised onions and chicken added in, it really is a perfect winter meal. Plus, everything goes into the same pan at the same time - so easy!

Anyway, I know this one has featured before, but it was so good last night that I thought it deserved a second showing *laughs*


2 comments:

  1. This dish is so colorful and it certainly looks lip-smackin' and drool-worthy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D