Thursday 29 November 2012

Change of Plan

After posting about the entirety of my work in progress pile last week, I picked up my Concur cardigan to make a bit of progress with it. Unfortunately, I think I was right when I said that it was probably going to be too small.

In fact, I'm almost certain it will be, although being knit in pieces means I can't just try it on and see.

So I have decided to rip it out and make something else. Not my favourite thing to do, but it's better than leaving it forever half finished *laughs*

I haen't yet decided what to replace it with, but here are the things from my queue that might fit the bill...

$5 in Paris


© kc2sjj

I love the shape of this, but I also love stripes, so I'm torn between finally making it, or waiting to make it in 2 colours.

Corona

  © canarysanctuary

I really like the combination of hood and v-neck, but I'm not 100% sure I have quite enough yarn.


Berwick

© Carrie Bostick Hoge

This is my most recently queued item, from the recent Twist Collective. It looks so cosy and cute. Again, yarn requirements may be tight, but I have short arms, and would likely make the neck slightly shorter, so it's possible.


What do you think? Any other pattern suggestions for 950 yards of worsted weight yarn?

15 comments:

  1. they are all gorgeous, you can't go wrong here :) my favourite would be corona, lovely lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can search on Ravelry by yardage and yarn weight. Also, a simple top down raglan would work too. Much like toe up socks, a top down sweater lets you see just how much yarn you have left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are great! :-) I'd probabely do the white cardigan first and then the green one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done a Corona without a hood, and I had plenty of yarn leftover. Of course, it you're in love with the hood part, that probably doesn't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for $5 in Paris in one color. I'm not sure you "need" to do it in two colors. But that's me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No suggestions I'm afraid, everything I can think of needs a little more yarn, but I do like Corona :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great problem:) I really like Berwick and think it would look lovely on you and with the changes you'd make. I would wait to knit $5 in Paris for when you have 2 colors. The stripes make it spectacular. Corona is great too but Berwick is so much warmer looking. I look forward to seeing what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. $5 in Paris! In my queue too, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first and last patterns, esp the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Berwick is lovely. I've been eyeing it myself. Hope you find something to put the yarn to good use. Much better than having a sweater that doesn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Berwick is lovely. I've been eyeing it myself. Hope you find something to put the yarn to good use. Much better than having a sweater that doesn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Berwick! I would say to go with that because I then can live vicariously through you (again) Mwahahahahaaaaa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh! Stupid words jumping around the page. Hope you can decipher that comment :(

      Delete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D