Friday 4 February 2011

Not a Lot

Not a lot of knitting, sewing or crafting progress has been made over the last few days. I've still not been feeling 100%, and inspiration has been hard to come by *sad frown*

I think the problem is that there are too many things I want to knit (in addition to the long list of this post). I want to try knitting socks - I really love the idea. I also keep feeling like I should knit something I need, like a new black cardigan (mine's falling apart). And there's a blanket I want to make, to replace the throw on my sofa that doesn't match anything else. And I still haven't finished either of my lace scarves, so I feel the need to get on with those... *deep breath*

Plus I keep seeing yarn I want (I should stop reading blogs!) but my plan is not to buy more yarn until I have used the stuff I bought in the sales *pouts* I bought some gorgeous stuff, but I seem to want to skip that and move onto something else already.

But, if I am given yarn, well then it doesn't count, and I can start playing with that instead ;) Of course, this just delays the inevitable "but I want that one" petulance when I see something pretty ;)

So, with the variegated yarn I was gifted (thanks mum *smiles*), I'm making a tank top. It's based on an amalgamation of various patterns, so I hope it works! I haven't got far:


Mum gave me the yarn because she didn't like it. I'm not sure I love it, but the colours are interesting (although not in this picture - stupid lighting!). Don't think I could make a large garment out of it, as it may get a bit much, but a tank top should be cute.

It's 100% acrylic, which I was dubious about having become a bit of a snob already (as you can tell by the posh yarn used for slippers in my last post!), but it's really quite soft and at least won't need handwashing!



It's slightly, how to describe it...? Squeaky? Strange sensation while knitting, anyway. Not quite the joy of the alpaca silk, that's for sure. Which may be why there has been so little progress. I've just got to a section with what seems like a mile of green, so I may cut out a section so that it's a little more evenly striped. But I'm not sure what that will do to the next sections, so it may be a little rash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D