Wednesday 9 February 2011

Secret Project Numero Uno

Aha, now that my mum has received her little present, I can blog about it ;)

It's the first thing I made during MegaCraftingSaturday as it shall now be known *laughs*

I wanted something relatively easy to start with, to get back into using my sewing machine. Searching for easy sewing projects kept bringing up tutorials for making "tea wallets".

Now, mum doesn't drink tea, but she does drink coffee. Decaff specifically. And, to make sure she can always have a cup when out and about, she keeps a stash of decaff sachets in her bag. A plan was formed...

Yep, I'm sure you can see where this is going *laughs* I modified the shapes in the pattern to make a "coffee sachet wallet". Ok, not as catchy a title, but I thought it would be nice to have something to keep those loose sachets neat and tidy (especially as mum has lovely posh handbags and lovely posh purses...)

So, here it is:


I had exactly the right size of cute fabric sample for the outside, with enough left to make a binding for the top of the inner pocket. And I had the right size and colour fabric scrap to make the pocket, which was left from a gift bag I made for a present. The lining is a nicely textured heavy cotton (I think!) that I also used to line the drawstring bag and had plenty left for other things.

Coordinating ribbon and the right coloured button too... Clearly this project was meant to be *smiles and ignores the fact that I didn't have quite the right coloured thread however*

Ok, so my stitching isn't fantastic, and I still can't seem to sew in a straight line *rolls eyes* But I was really pleased with how it came out, and mum seems pretty happy with it too. 

All in all, a good project *satisfied grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D