Monday 28 February 2011

Race to the Finish Line 1

I had a very productive weekend, finishing not one but two projects.

So, first thing I finished was my poncho/wrap (after the last blog post in which I mentioned it, I'm having a hard time not calling it my "infidelity wrap" - but that doesn't really seem to give a good impression - so new name required!)





I'm really, really pleased with it. I started with a pattern but, as I said before, didn't follow it exactly (or much, actually). The lace in the pattern is much more defined and regimented...
 
I like it but I wanted something a little more organic, so I followed some of the pattern but not all - I like the way the holes in my version are offset and a bit less structured.

I also decided not to do the garter stitch edging, as I quite wanted the neckline to roll in slightly, just to make it that bit snugglier. I love the way that worked out *big grin*



It's so warm and cosy - 5 balls of Debbie Bliss Como - so it's 90% Merino and 10% cashmere. No doubt it'll pill a fair bit but right now I love it. For a poncho/wrap, I think it looks pretty classy *proud smile*

Apologies for the washed-outness of my face in the photos - forgot to put make up on before doing the modelling - not a mistake to make again!!!

1 comment:

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D