Tuesday 8 February 2011

A Little Progress

Just a quick update today... I finished the front of my tank top.

I spent bloody ages trying to match up the different colours in the variegated yarn. For someone who hates symmetry, I spent a lot of time trying to make this symmetrical... Strange.

But, I managed it (mostly... it's not perfect, but it's close enough to pass muster!) Although, it looks more wonky in this picture than in real life, which is helpful, given that I'm using this picture to illustrate my success *rolls eyes*


I decreased from the middle, at each side, to make a v-neck, then I decided to cut the v-neck short and continue the top sections straight - hopefully resulting in a sort of deep, sweetheart neckline effect... That's the plan anyway, we'll see how it looks when it's on!





Matching the two sides did involve a lot of cutting out sections of yarn and rejoining at the appropriate colour. As a result the back looks like this:




 Ugh, lots of ends to weave in!

And I have a lot of small balls of single colours. Which at first I thought I might use to help me match the back to the front - then I decided that I'm not a masochist and actually, I'm ok with different colour transitions on the back :) and no, it';s not just because I'm too lazy for all the chopping, attaching and getting tangled *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D