Friday 25 February 2011

It's My Party and I'll Knit if I Want To!

Ok, actually I won't, because (for the first time ever) I'm working on my birthday*pout*

But it is my birthday *grin* and I'm 27, which is my lucky number (I'm trying to ignore its proximity to 30 however!) So it could be worse ;)

So, what did I get? Well, this is not a definitive list, I don't want to show off *smiles*

First up, this totally awesome "paper watch"... You get to doodle on it yourself, which is so cool *grins* I doodle all the time (especially in meetings - ooops!)



In craft gifts, I got the Anticraft book - I just love the title "Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister". Not sure how many of the projects I actually want to do (they're a little obsessed with skull motifs) but it's a beautifully presented book, with lots of bits to read.


Whenever I have a birthday I'm reminded of the song we used to have at my primary school - we never had the regular happy birthday song, we had a different version that was sung in assembly.

We wish you many happy returns of the day,
We hope you will be healthy and strong all the way,
Strong to do right, 
Slow to do wrong,
And thoughtful to others all the day long

I recall being somewhat dismayed by that last line the first time I heard it - thoughtful to others?! It's my damn birthday. Ah, the wonderful selfishness of being 8 years old *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D