Monday 6 December 2010

Knitting's cool now, right?

The other night I was sitting on the sofa knitting while the wonderful boyfriend cooked dinner. I was reminded of my mum's concern that I'd put him off by being an old lady *laughs*

Given his reaction when I offered threatened to knit him a pair of socks, she may have a point ;) Although he has expressed some jealousy at the scarf I knitted my brother for Christmas (that I cleverly wrapped up, so no picture of it to share). In fact, he didn't even flinch when I suggested knitting him a jumper (although I've heard too much about the curse to risk that one!)

Most people I've told think my new hobby is a little strange, but then they know me well enough to know by now that I am a little strange. "Strange and interesting" as my beloved dad used to say.

But from reading other people's blogs, it seems like there a plenty of twenty-something, hot knitters out there. So, do I even care whether or not it's cool? It's not like I've ever been cool anyway, far too much fun being random (in the true sense of the word) to try and keep track of what's in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D