Thursday 2 December 2010

Aaargh

Well, it seems I named this blog appropriately, misadventures indeed!

I may have got a little overexcited by the whole knitting thing, and a little ambitious. I decided that now that I can knit scarves (2 finished and one still on the needles), it was time to knit socks.

I know a lot of people love sock knitting, and find it an excellent commuting project, so I figured how hard could it be?! So far I have managed to cast on 4 times, poke myself repeatedly with the tiny needles that seemed to be everywhere and create an interesting pattern that I shall call "lace" (but is perhaps, more accurately, some yarn and a bunch of holes!)

So I gave that up for the evening, frustration and impatience not being entirely helpful, and decided to move on. I ordered some gorgeous yarn to make the Sunday Market Shawl, which came in a skein rather than a ball. "No problem," I thought, "I can wind this into a ball in minutes".

Hmmmm...

I should have taken a photo of the yarn spaghetti mess that ensued! Safe to say, something went horribly wrong, leaving me and everything in the vicinity tangled up. Hours of unknotting the damn thing later, I gave up and went to bed! I'm trying to block out the image of what awaits me when I get home, hoping that some effect of being left overnight will have magically turned my mess into a neatly wound ball *optimistic grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D