I realised that my post yesterday was a little thin on details (other than my rambling about why it was a good idea for me to start a new item with two still languishing on the needles!)
At least I mentioned the pattern. The yarn is the heretofore unblogged Patons Smoothie DK that I bought during my most recent stash enhancement at my mum's LYS. I picked it up in the shop because it was £1.25 a ball, in a lovely spring-like colour and it was (appropriately) so smooth. I was kinda surprised to find it was a pure acrylic because it looks and feels a lot like cotton, but a little bit softer.
Talking of the colour, it is not at all like it appeared yesterday. Here's a closer colour, and despite oversaturated appearances this photo has not been touched up.
Actually, I found a picture on the Patons website, that is even closer... So, somewhere between these two is about right *laughs*
Until I started blogging myself I wondered why people always apologised for their photo quality when showing yarns - now I get it!
It's a slightly strange yarn, made up of a bunch of threads loosely wound together, which took a bit of getting used to at the beginning. Now that I'm a bit more used to it, it's actually quite nice to work with.
I loved the start of the pattern - starting with 5 stitches meant that it grew pretty quickly to start with. But increasing by 4 stitches every other row does add up somewhat, and now it seems to take forever ;) So I think the length of the finished piece will very much depend on when I get sick of it *laughs* It's currently the length of about a "shawlette", having used up just over 1 ball. I have 3 more balls, although one is a different dyelot so hopefully I won't need it.