Monday 18 April 2011

Sneaks In*

I did lots of knitting this weekend *smiles* I did end up with claw hands a little bit though!

I'll post about some of the other progress tomorrow - best not use up all my news in one post ;) but the main news is that I finished my scarf *happy dance*


I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be a scarf or a cowl though. I usually wrap my scarves double, which seemed overkill for this particularly warm and dense snuggly fabric. So I added a couple of poppers to each end so that I can do both...

Slightly short scarf

Or...


Double wrapped cowl (so, so cosy!)

Or, as I am wearing it today...


Not sure why I look so frowny in this picture! I love the way it works like this. Not too hot, shows off the pattern nicely, plus I can stroke it at will *laughs*

I really love this pattern, and the yarn. In fact, I want it in every colour now ;) I'm toying with the idea of calling it my "scowl", especially based on my expression in the picture above, but I think that might give the wrong impression!

Pattern: My So Called Scarf
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend (colourway Gemini)
Modifications: cast on 60 stitches (as the pattern calls for Wool Classica rather than Silk Blend), made slightly shorter, added fasteners to be able to wear differently
Difficulty: 2/5
Overall love: 5/5 :D

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.  ~John Barrymore

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely, I particularly like it double wrapped as a cowl, but having a choice means you'll get so much more use out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Darling. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours! Good idea on the fasteners - it looks great as a cowl.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D