Saturday 23 April 2011

Easy Breezy

I forgot to mention when I posted about my stash enhancement recently that I also bought this book:



I've heard so many good things about Kim Hargreaves patterns, and I want to make more garments rather than just accessories, so I splashed out on this too.

There are quite a few patterns that I want to make. I chose this book because I'd heard it was good for summery patterns, and it is. Which works, as we're nearing summer (or, are already there if this weekend's been anything to go by!)

I particularly like this pattern:



I love that sort of neckline, and I think cardigans are probably my favourite versatile piece of clothing, so this is definitely on my list.

There are a couple of short sleeved cotton tops that I really like too, plus a tank top and a jumper, so I'm pretty pleased with my purchase.

In order to justify casting any of these on, I have been making excellent progress on my hooded cardigan. In fact, I'm up to the shoulders now *grins* Hopefully I'll have a finished object to post about soon.

My aim, as I get stressed by too many WIPs, is to have one garment and one accessory on the needles at any one time. I may add in a third (small) project depending on boredom levels. But anyone whose been reading previous posts will know that my plans tend to go awry almost as soon as I make them *laughs* so we'll see how long that lasts ;)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get to that point, where I only have one big and one small WIP at a time!

    I love cardigans, too, but still haven't made one for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D