Monday 11 April 2011

Ooops

Um, so you know I was having difficulty in a previous post deciding what to knit out of my two works in progress?

Well, I'm not quite sure what happened, but somehow a third item seems to have cast itself on *laughs*



So, here is my first shawl... I've wanted to make a shawl for a while, and I keep putting it off because I'm just not patient enough for lace quite yet. But I thought that it would be helpful to learn a bit about shawl construction before I jump into some of the more intricate designs, so I cast on La La's Simple Shawl.

And yes, I know I could have waited until after I've finished at least one of my other projects, but I didn't ;) This was partly inspired by the ferocity of the air conditioning in my office... I thought it would be nice to have a shawl draped over the back of my chair, available to keep my shoulders warm at a moment's notice. Besides, the scarf can wait, it's 20 degrees out there at the minute and I don't think I'll need a scarf for a little while.

Yeah, I know, I sound very much like I am justifying it. Essentially, I wanted to start something new, so I did *grins*

It really is a very simple shawl, I like the way it looks but it's pretty much rows of stocking stitch, garter stitch and a ridiculously simple lace row.


I think it'll be pretty good :)

7 comments:

  1. Looking great! :) I want to make a shawl - prefer to use DK yarn so I need to find a fairly easy pattern, or create one myself :) And then there are all those other "to-dos".... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. When confronted with "this" or "that" I think "something entirely different" is a completely appropriate answer! And that does look like a fun, pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the more WIP's the merrier, in my view!! I do think you need to have a little bit of choice in what you knit each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :D

    To think I used to be (fairly) monogamous - you guys are terrible enablers *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this happens to me all the time! I trip and fall into a new project, lol.

    You've made a good choice for a first lacy project!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D