Tuesday 15 March 2011

Vanity of Hopes*

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting this week, lots of family related stuff going on, so I may not be around. Or I may not be crafting enough to have anything to write about, which is where I'm at right now actually... I wasn't in the mood to knit last night, so there is no further progress on the fluffy purple jumper.

One thing I was going to mention, is that I bought a stitch library book. It's probably not the most comprehensive one around, but I liked the way it was done and there's plenty in there to keep me occupied for a while!


I decided it would be a good idea to have this, as I seem to enjoy knitting more when I make it up as I go along, rather than sticking slavishly to a pattern (of course this is sometimes more to do with me not paying proper attention to the pattern and having to come up with a workaround!)

So, I'm planning on using patterns to learn how to construct a garment, but using this book to increase my knowledge of what I can achieve in terms of customisation.

After getting frustrated with Wisp, I thought perhaps I would make a different lace wrap with my Kidsilk Haze, and there are a couple of lovely lace stitches in the book that don't look too horrendously challenging!

* No place affords a more striking conviction of the vanity of human hopes than a library.  ~Samuel Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D