Monday 21 March 2011

The More He Saw*

I finished my purple jumper, and I was planning my post about it in my head yesterday (I really hope other people do that!)... But I then made something else and was too excited about it not to post. So purple jumper pictures will have to wait until tomorrow *shrugs*

When I got home from mum's I decided to sit down and knit some of my fab new yarn. I'd started making a skinny scarf with the Manos, then frogged it because the resulting fabric was so gorgeous and snuggly that it seemed a waste not to make a proper scarf (despite my original logic being that the colours were too gorgeous to restrict to a proper scarf that would get less wear - what can I say, my mind is very changeable!)

So I sat and reviewed my new goodies (plus an additional 4 balls of Patons something or other in a lovely blue that I may have forgotten to mention *cheeky smile*)

And then pushed it all to one side to make something with the yarn my brother bought me for my birthday *smiles* So, let me introduce Albert


*chuckles*

I started knitting it up with the intention of making my brother some sort of monster, but then it didn't want to be a monster, it begged to be an owl instead. So, my poor brother got nothing and I got this cute little guy!

I've never worked with such variegated yarn before, and it was fun watching the patterns emerge. It was also lots of fun making something small, with a little amount of yarn, that could be finished in an afternoon, rather than slogging through a whole garment (which I also enjoy of course, but sometimes a bit of quick gratification is in order!)


* A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird? - Edward Hersey Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D