Tuesday 22 March 2011

Excuse Me While I Kiss The Sky*

So, my purple jumper, neglected yesterday in favour of Owlbert (yes, I've changed his name to make him more puntastic, don't judge me *laughs*)


It is finished, and has even been worn *grins* Being so sheer, it needs a little top underneath it, but that works for me - I like layering.

It's so fuzzy *snuggles* although I did get a bit sick of getting the little fibers up my nose while wearing it ;) Possibly due to my insistence on snuggling it all the time *laughs*

I got it finished at mum's house, only needing to complete the sleeves and sew it all up. Side note: I really hate sewing up! Gonna have to find some all in one patterns with minimal sewing required.

It was quite funny, my brother had seen me making a sleeve then gone out with some friends. When he came back I was seaming - his reaction when he thought I'd knitted the whole thing in the couple of hours he'd been out was brilliant *chuckles*

So, all in all, I'm pleased with it - quite excited to have made another garment

Arty angled picture to show the success of my sleeve and neckline modifications - I really like how they turned out:



Pattern: To Dye For, Stitch 'n' Bitch
Yarn: Kidsilk Aura in Logan Berry
Modifications: Changed neckline by not doing any neck shaping, made 3/4 length sleeves instead of bell sleeves
Difficulty: 1/5
Enjoyment: 3/5
New Skills: Set in sleeves - think I prefer raglans though
What I'd change next time: Make the body longer (seems to be a theme with the patterns from that book) and add some waist shaping (once I know how to do that!)
Would I make again? Maybe, it was very easy and relaxing, but not entirely exciting.


* Purple Haze, Jimmy Hendrix 
(I did consider going with the line "purple haze all in my eyes" instead, but it seemed so obvious *laughs*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D