The left hand first few rows are sock yarn, all excitingly available as soon as I finish my damn second-sock-syndrome sock.
I decided in July that I would avoid buying more yarn until I had reduced the stash to manageable levels, aside from my planned purchases at Knit Nation. Since then I have only bought 6 new balls. One skein of Old Maiden Aunt and 5 balls of angora when I went to France. I'm pretty impressed with this *grins*
More crucially though, I should really work out what I have used up in that time!
- Blanket - 4 balls (3 of which came from a colleague, one I have had since possibly my second ever yarn purchase!)
- Boyfriend's socks - used 1 ball (annoyingly I had bought 2 just in case, so I still have a ball left)
- Crochet baby blanket - 2 balls (both from a colleague)
- Slouchy hat - 1 ball (from a swap - so really I also got rid of another ball by swapping it away elsewhere!)
- Baby Hoodie - 2 balls (from colleague)
- Ruffle neckwarmer - 1 ball (from colleague)
- Total: 11 (plus the one I swapped away)
2 things strike me about this list... Firstly, that I haven't finished many projects in a while, and have therefore not reduced my stash much at all! And secondly, my projects all seem to have used up yarn that I didn't actually buy, save for boyfriends socks. Interesting.
Now, as you know, I do have projects on the needles, and so perhaps I should also count the yarn used there...
- Cria - used 5 balls so far, with another 6 to go (which were a gift from boyfriend's mum)
- Sock - well, first sock used half, so second sock will finish the ball
- Hitchhiker - almost finished and will have used 1 ball
- Ballet sweater - used 2 balls so far, another 3 to go
So, the used total increases by 8.5, with 9.5 to add on once the projects are finished. That helps a little *laughs*
At this rate, though, there won't be any yarn buying for me for a while! I haven't determined at what point the embargo on new purchases ends, but there definitely needs to be a significant dent in the stash first ;)