First I felt like dyeing some yarn. I didn't have any undyed/cream yarn available, but I did have 4 balls of the grey Fez yarn I used for my Narragansett. So, armed with Wiltons dye and Kool Aid, I had a lot of fun playing in the kitchen (although, if you saw my post on Monday, I did make one crucial mistake *laughs*)
So grey became a rusty sort of colour...
I hadn't initially got a plan for the yarn, but after it had dried I found myself really wanting to make something thick and chunky. I don't tend to buy chunky yarn, but as the newly dyed yarn had no plan I decided to knit 3 strands of it together. This had the added bonus of avoiding any strange pooling.
So, I knit a cowl. Thick, bulky, snuggly and really fast *grins*
I made the pattern up pretty much. I wanted to have the stitches sideways, so I used a provisional cast on, knit flat and then used a 3 needle bind off to seam it together. The "pattern" is just 1x1 rib for 4 stitches, stocking stitch to the last 4 stitches and more 1x1 rib.
Because of the chunkiness, I particularly like this with the reverse side showing...
But it works with the knit side out too.
A perfect project for a quick break from my current projects *smiles*
It's Friday, so you know what to do... Visit Tami's, Natural Suburbia and Wisdom Begins in Wonder. Have a great weekend