Tuesday 15 May 2012

Locution

Regular readers know I have a fondness for words, especially unusual ones...

Recently I found an app for my phone called Locution, a repository of cool words.

So I thought I'd share a few of my favourites (as my stripe study shawl isn't much further along than last week, it seemed pointless to do another update *laughs*)

Logomisia - disgust for certain words. Personally, I hate the word moist. There's something just not right about it ;)

Desparple - to scatter. I just think its fun to say.

Apanthropy - love of solitude.

Gobemouch - a gullible person.

Pililoo - a hunting cry of distress. Another one that's fun to say *laughs*

Mentimutation - a change of mind. It always amazes me that there are actual words for things like this.

Sipid - tasty, flavourful. I like this one, I've used the word insipid but I never knew there was the converse sipid before.

5 comments:

  1. Very fun, there are a few there I may have to start using. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the word moist too! So funny! I am definitely downloading this app. Thanks for sharing it.
    –Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get this app!

    I have two words I cannot stand, but I cannot put them here.

    Apanthropy...so there's a word for how I feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - Natalie I H.A.T.E the word moist too! Every time Dom at Belleau Kitchen blog bakes a cake, all his lovely followers start using the M word - it's awful (even though the cakes always look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have this app! I am determined to use the word "sipid" in conversation today just so I can confuse everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D