Monday 28 May 2012

* Nothing Like A Warlock

I mentioned last week that I had learned to make granny squares. Since then, I have really been enjoying playing with them. To be honest, I'm still not 100% sure I actually like them, but I know I like making them and right now, that's the main thing *laughs*

I'm really enjoying the rhythm of the double crochet. And, being that it is so hot out at the moment, the fact that I only have small parts to make at once is definitely a bonus!

I've been playing with different layouts, to try and decide which types of squares to make next, but I have a feeling it'll change with each few I make anyway ;)



I've also made a few larger versions, to make the overall layout a bit more interesting.


As you can probably tell, I still have no real idea of what I'm making (probably a blanket though!) or how I plan to put everything together. But right now, I'm just enjoying the process.

Oh, and the photos are a bit weird because I took them under the window. The orange is actually all the same colour but I wasn't paying attention so I didn't notice how bizarre it all looked *laughs*



"Carl: A vampire is nothing like a warlock. My granny could kill a warlock." - From the film Van Helsing

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like your colors, they really do work well together with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you are using, and glad to hear you are enjoying granny squares for the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the best things about granny squares, you can make them into so many great things! I'm super jealous, I'm still unable to crochet well enough to complete granny squares, but someday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D