Each month for 3 months, there are 6 challenges set. You have to complete a project that fits the challenge, and if you can tie it to the team that you joined you get extra points. I don't plan to complete every single challenge, but for the most part I can fit the things I was planning to work on into the challenges anyway.
So, the challenges are:
- Geek Pride: Wove, Twue Wove.
- Pretty straight forward! Make something inspired by love.
- Giving Geeks: Hats Off to Giving.
- Make hats, buy hats, sponsor hats…just, give hats to charity in some way
- Intellectual: Memoria Technica.
- Craft something inspired by a mnemonic device.
- Nerd Culture: I, For One, Welcome Our New Manmade Overlords.
- Craft something inspired by technology, gadget, or mechanical device
- Scientific: One For All And One For All.
- Craft an object in one piece, OR craft an object out of only one skein of yarn.
- Technical: What's Your Speciality?
- Do what you think you’re best at!
I have been planning to make a hat for myself, with the yarn leftover from boyfriend's hat. Made in one piece, it definitely fits the Scientific challenge, and the pattern I chose can be linked to the team quite easily.
For the Technical challenge, I have decided that my speciality is magic loop. I rock magic loop *laughs* And I was planning to cast on some fingerless mitts for myself anyway, thanks to the chilly weather. In fact, I have nearly finished them, and again the pattern can be linked to my team.
I have already finished and submitted my Geek Pride project, based on love. If you haven't watched Supernatural season 3 and you plan to, stop reading until after the picture!
I made a chain, because Dean loves Sam so much that in season 3 he sells his soul in order to save Sam’s life. This results in him going to hell, where he is chained. The chains wrap around his wrists, so this chain can become a bracelet...
Honestly, this isn't something I would normally make, unlike my other plans for the challenges, but I wanted to try out my first handspun and I didn't have enough to make anything proper with *laughs* So this meant I got to test it out, make something to fit the challenge and get extra points for my team. Not bad really ;)