Tuesday 26 June 2012

Swap Yarn Used

At the end of last week, I decided that what my knitting block needed was some funky coloured socks. So, I cast on using some yarn that I had received in one of my very first swaps...


I was intrigued as to how it would look once knitted, and as I started the socks I decided that it would be perfect for a Nerd Wars challenge. Only, the last day for submissions is tomorrow.

So, I worked my fingers to the bone and actually managed to knit a pair of socks in 3 days! I was pretty amazed, but of course it does mean that you don't get to see until Friday *laughs*

But I'll give you a sneak peek...


Cool, huh? *grins*

I have decided, due to the fact that this was swap yarn and is so colourful, that these shall be known as my Multicoloured Swap Socks. However, boyfriend feels that they should actually be my Cadbury's Creme Egg socks... He does have a point *laughs*

Anyway, I don't know if they have cured my knitting block, but I was much more inclined to knit last night than I have been for a while. And, another ball of stashed yarn used up is no bad thing - especially when it looks as cool as this!

13 comments:

  1. The yarn and pattern really interact well together. Looking forward to seeing the full finished socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stitch pattern- it works so well with such a vibrant colorway! Congrats on the amazing acheivement of 2 socks in 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found inspiration in a beautiful skein of yarn :) Happy knitting !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that stitch pattern and those colors are wonderful and bright! I love reading your posts- You ALWAYS inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, only three days? You are my knitting idol! Although with such a pretty colorway to work on, I guess I don't blame you for not being able to stop knitting them. I cannot wait to see the FO photos later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely you are too young to remember The Multi-Coloured Swap Shop! But it works so well with swap socks! I am most impressed. Although, Creme Egg Socks also works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THREE DAYS! Wow! I can't wait to see them in all their glory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colour stripes are AWESOME, very impressive knitting them in three days!! Sounds extremely challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that stitch pattern and the striping is pretty neat. I applaud you for making it in three days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright bold colors of those socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow those are some colorfull socks! ;) Or at least I think they are. I won't know for sure until Friday. Argh, the suspense! ;)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is super wool!! Great colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Creme Egg! What is it with us and confection-like knits this week?! Looking forward i Friday's post :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D