After my last post on my attempts at crochet, I put it down for a little while before deciding to give it another try this weekend.
Thanks to the lovely and supportive comments on that post, we determined that I was in fact stitching through the back loop, which was helpful to know. I also stopped trying to be clever and figure it all out myself, and watched a few youtube videos as recommended.
I am happy to say that my second attempt was slightly better. I'm trying to make amigurumi (well, that's the eventual aim anyway!), because I want this robot:
He's so cute *grins*
So after a couple of practice attempts, I started working on his face. I tried to take a decent picture, but thanks to the lovely grey skies outside, the colours went a little crazy. I had to tweak the picture quite a lot so that you can actually see the stitches, so please forgive how washed out it looks *laughs*
Anyway, I decided I wanted to practice a little more, on something chunkier, to get the hang of it before trying to follow the rest of the pattern. So I grabbed a couple of balls of unidentifiable chunky acrylic that a colleague had given me and got to it...
I got so addicted to the rhythm of the stitches that I spent all of Sunday working on it *grins* As a result I now have a really sore patch on my finger, and a finished item. Which means you only get to see a sneak peek, as I'm saving it for Friday to show off properly!
It's pretty far from perfect, but on Friday you will discover just how pleased with myself I am!