Monday 5 December 2011

Twinkle, Twinkle...


I put my Christmas decorations up *grins*

In fact, I am currently typing this in my gingerbread scented grotto with a glass of Baileys and a satisfied smile... In previous years, my decorations have been teal, silver and black, on a white tree but since I have changed my interior design style and no longer have a black and teal room, it seemed like a good time for a chnage.

Finding copper/brown/cream/etc baubles was a bit of a challenge, everything was either overly rustic or shiny and gold. But I am pretty happy with what I got in the end. I love these particular metal decorations:


You can barely see it in the main picture, but my new pride and joy is a snowglobe... Snowglobes aren't my usual style, admittedly, but this one just had to come home with me *grins*






Ok, so skeletons aren't fantastically Christmassy *laughs* But I love Jack Skellington.

12 comments:

  1. Very cool snowglobe and a lovely tree. I am holding out until the 15th for decorating, but am getting excited seeing everyones' pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations, the more I see what others are up to with theirs the more I want to get mine put up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! need to get mine up! yours look fab!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We put our tree up on Thanksgiving (crazy US holiday that we celebrate) but we haven't decorated it yet. It's sitting on the screened in porch so Little Man can't get at it but can still see it. I'm thinking that I might take some time this week and decorate it properly.

    Honestly, I hate putting up Christmas decorations. I do it because Husband likes it and Little Man seems to like it. We'll see...

    And there's nothing wrong with a little Nightmare Before Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tree! The picture looks so cozy, seems like a perfect place to curl up and get some knitting done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so festive! My son, a major snow globe fan, would love your Jack Skellington snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's this? What's this? There's white stuff in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of Baileys and gingerbread. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know... I love having decorations up but hate putting them up and (especially) taking them down. Last year, in lieu of a tree, I put a fake garland up around the pass-through from my living room to my dining room. I decorated it with a few, choice ornaments (Star Trek and Rudolph to be exact) and a string of lights. It was fine. I lamely didn't put up any outside decorations at all. I'm the laziest crafty person on earth. (A)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Christmassy. I am a Skellington fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome snow globe! One of my most favorite, favorite characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I put mine up this weekend too! Your colour scheme sounds lovely. I usually stick to a more traditional red and gold colour scheme.

    Jack Skellington is the Christmassiest skeleton of all :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D